Friday, 12 April 2013
a break from uni...or not?
So after deciding who has to work on what during the holidays, the three of us parted ways. Lotti stayed right here in Kingston, Mai flew back to Norway and I went back to celebrate easter and spend the holidays at home with family and friends, in Luxembourg. Even though it is called a break from university that doesn't mean we could leave all the work behind. To finish our project in time we divided up the work and everybody knew what has to be done for the next seminar in order to move on with the video.
As Lotti and I like to draw and love creative work, we decided to start making drafts over the holidays and sent them to Mai who would start fitting our drafts into the video by using different softwares. Mai is good at working with video editing programs and photoshop, her task was to get started on the digital backgrounds and once she had the drawings to see how it would fit in with her digital design. Lotti wanted to do the backgrounds which have to be drawn for example; "candyland" and I decided to draw the character from the video.
As days go by I find myself quite often starring at a blank page, a pencil in my hand and music in the background to inspire me. Well that didn't help much! I could say I got a lot of work for digital media done during the previous 2 weeks of break, but to be honest, it was only about 3 days ago that I finally got some characters down on the page, I didn't erase immediatly again. Artists (even though I doubt I could call me one) are complicated. Finally I was more or less satisfied with what I brought to paper and my first drafts of the character are finished! What a relief to know where you're heading! Now I can concentrate on the details and draw the character in every position we need him to be for the video.
here is a little sneak peek to how the character will look like:
I hope you like it! Keep checking the blog for more information on how our group will proceed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment